- The ages of the participants ranged from 18 to 23.
- Much like the Focus group they were mostly Psychological horror enthusiasts.
Feedback (Points Made & Possible recommendations)
- Good Use of sound effects, which match the speed (mostly) of the trailer although it was out of sync at points.
- Too many similar scenes used in the trailer, people remarked on this being one of the downfalls
- Good begining to the trailer, like any other trailer
- Also mentioned was the ending being professional e.g. The Sting.
- The Straps got a positive reception although the ending strap was a weakness
- Positive remark on the use of a fog machine to create the smoke.
- The beginning of the trailer was said to have matched with the sound very well
- The middle of the trailer was the weakest partl; the sound effects did not go with the trailer.
The Ancillary Tasks
- The film poster was praised for looking professional, with the red style font
- Good use of the Universal logo although someone suggested the black logo did not stand out very well.
- Lack of any credits on the poster was a dissapointment to the focus group
- People said the Tagline on the poster gives an idea of the what the film will be about
- The magazine cover received mixed feelings in the focus group:
- The Masthead was well liked
- The banner colour was not suitable according to a few people
- Lack of sell-lines and layout/colour used were also issues the focus group suggested needed improving
- Good use of the image on the front cover, relates to the poster